Public Management Minor at SDSB
While the government sector is the largest job provider in Pakistan, there is a considerable lack of quality public management education in the country. Offering a Minor in Public Management gives SDSB a chance to bridge this educational gap and at the same time advance its mission to impact the practice of public management.
The minor will complement existing majors at LUMS by providing education and training in managerial, analytical and leadership skills needed to assume professional roles in public and development sector organizations.
Course and Credit Hours Distribution:
The Minor will consist 18 credits distributed over 6 courses. All University-wide policies pertaining to Minor programs apply to the Pubic Management Minor. In addition to those, the following policies will apply to the Minor in Public Management:
The following two courses are“Core” courses for the minor:
a. Public Administration
b. Introduction to Policy Analysis
The remaining 12 credits for the Minor may be completed by taking a combination of the following elective courses, in accordance with the university policies pertaining to course levels that make up a Minor:
- Contemporary Social Policy Issues in Pakistan
- Rethinking Policy: Critical Perspectives on Pakistan’s Agricultural Development
- Public Finance and Budgeting
- Non-profit and Voluntary Organizations
- Reforming the Public Sector
- Women and Public Policy in Pakistan
- ICT in Government
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Education Sector
- Urban Planning and Development
- Gender & Finance
- Modern Thought in Social Policy.
To further explore your interest, and skills, visit the Office of Undergraduate Student Advising or get an appointment through sending an email to email@example.com