JUNIOR YEAR MILESTONES (61 - 94 credit hours)
Being a junior, you will complete advanced coursework for your major and consider internship opportunities, chances to study abroad through exchange program and contemplate life after graduation. As you may know, the advising office provides many resources to help you make the most of your junior year. Your advisor assists you in evaluating your academic and personal goals and helps calculate your successful progression to graduation and beyond.
Here are a few things to consider and discuss with your advisor:
- Am I required to have a minor?
- Am I on the right track to successfully graduate on time?
- When should I apply to graduate?
- What resources are available for me to locate possible internships and/or jobs?
DO INTERNSHIP(S) TO GET EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- Get real world experience within your major. Whether or not your major has an internship requirement, internships can be a great way to confirm whether your major is right for you. It’s a chance to cultivate your industry connections, expand your resume and possibly earn credit!
- Complete an Internship related to your major to get experiential learning before you graduate.
- Search for a summer work experience that will help you discover career alternatives and gain insight into the world of management.
Try to get any certification such as ACCA along with your degree
ACF degree can get exemptions for ACCA. Certification can be a way to earn accreditation within a certain subject. This is perfect if career advancement is an aspiration of yours!
ADD POTENTIAL EMPLOYEERS TO YOUR NETWORK
REVIEW AND UPDATE YOU ACADEMIC AND CAREER PLAN
COMPLETE A CAREER RELATED DIRECTED RESEARCH PROJECT